Effects of the new Coronavirus COVID-19 in Spain
As you know, on March 11 2020, the World Health Organization elevated the public health emergency caused by COVID-19 to an international pandemic.
Following the state of emergency caused by COVID-19 in Spain and according to the Royal Decree 463/2020, our office WeLex, Lawyers and Economists in Marbella, has decided to suspend the onsite attention to the clients.
This professional office will continue to serve clients and professionals through non-presential channels such as telephone or email.
The situation we are facing today in relation to the coronavirus is changing fast and so WeLex Lawyers and accountants in Marbella has decided to take the necessary measures to guarantee the safety of our clients and our professionals.
Nevertheless, we continue working to guarantee the consultations and follow-up of our clients’ files in order to be as optimal as possible in these circumstances.
In this sense, we are going to reinforce our communication channels of both telephone and digital and we invite all clients to contact us only through:
- – Telephone:+34 952775521
- – Email: [email protected]
Once again, we appreciate your trust and understanding in this exceptional situation we are going through. On our side, we are committed to keeping you informed of any relevant developments that may occur.
The most important data to take into account is the state of emergency in Spain.
Who is the competent authority in Spain now?
- For the purposes of the state of emergency, the competent authority will be the Government.
- For the provisions referred to in this royal decree, under the superior direction of the President of the Government, the following authorities will be delegated as competent authorities, in their respective areas of responsibility: a) The Minister of Defence. b) The Minister of Internal Affairs. c) The Minister of Transport, Mobility and Urban Agenda. d) The Minister of Health.
Duration of the state of emergency due to the Coronavirus COVID-19 in Spain :
The duration of the state of emergency declared by this royal decree is fifteen calendar days.
Limitation of the freedom of movement of persons.
During the state of emergency in Spain, people will only be able to circulate on public roads to carry out the following activities:
- a) Acquisition of food, pharmaceutical products and, basic necessities.
- b) Assistance to health centres, services and, establishments.
- c) Travel to the place of work to perform their work, professional or business activities.
- d) Return to the place of habitual residence.
- e) Assistance and care for the elderly, minors, dependents, disabled or particularly vulnerable persons.
- f) Travel to financial and insurance entities.
- g) Due to force majeure or a situation of need.
Measures of containment in the area of commercial activity, cultural equipment, recreational establishments and activities, hotel and restaurant activities, and other additional measures.
- The opening to the public of retail premises and establishments is suspended, with the exception of retail establishments for food, beverages, basic necessities, pharmaceuticals, medical, optical and orthopaedic products, hygiene products, hairdressing, press and stationery, motor fuel, tobacconists, technological and telecommunications equipment, pet food, internet, telephone or mail order trade, dry-cleaning, and laundry services. Any other activity or establishment which, in the opinion of the competent authority, may pose a risk of contagion is suspended.
- The opening to the public of museums, archives, libraries, monuments, as well as premises and establishments in which public shows, sports and leisure activities indicated in the annex to this royal decree, are suspended.
- Hotel and restaurant activities are suspended, and only home delivery services may be provided.
- Public holidays, parades and festivals in Spain are also suspended
Do not hesitate to contact our law firm in Marbella for any legal questions regarding the COVID-19 (coronavirus in Spain) now and we will be happy to assist you on a non-presential basis (email [email protected] and tel. +34 952775521). Welex, lawyers in Marbella